You have searched me and you know me; You know when I sit and when I rise; You perceive my thoughts from afar; You discern my going out and my lying down; You are familiar with all my ways; Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely......
My Profile and Favorites
- Profession: Associate Professor and Head, Department of Commerce, Bishop Heber College, Tiruchirappalli
- Other Positions held or hold: Dean of Studies, Member, Senate and Syndicate of Bharathidasan University, Trichy; Coordinator, Study Centre (IGNOU), Bursar, Bishop Heber College, Trichy; Visiting Scholar -Appalachian State University, Boone, NC (USA -2009).
- Correspondent: All Saints High School, Trichy since 2014 and SPG School, Beemanagar, Trichy (2007 to 2013)
- Favorite places: Taj Mahal; Patteeshwaram, Kumbakonam
- Favorite books: John Maxwell's "Leadership Series"; Jeffrey Archer's Novels; Kalki's Classics; AJ Cronin's Novels and Paul Krugman on Economy and Finance.
- Favorite sports team: Indian Cricket Team
- Favorite food: Rice and Idlies
- Favorite singers: Rickey Skagg (Country and Spiritual), Nataraja Mudaliyar in Tamil
Playing flute and guitar, Occasional calligrapher and Writing on Investment and Finance
(Based on an old Chinese poem)
Go to the people,
Live among them.
Learn from them.
Start with what they know,
Build on what they have.
But of the best leaders,
When their task is accomplished,
Their work is done,
The people will remark,
"We have done it ourselves."
For everyone who tries to honour himself shall be humbled, and he who humbles himself shall be honoured."
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction.
Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
Do not blame God for having created the tiger, but thank him for not having given it wings.
Don't judge any man until you have walked two moons in his moccasins.
"The true test of intelligence is not how much we know how to do, but how we behave when we don't know what to do."
Life is a bridge. Cross over it, but build no house on it.
An inch of time is an inch of gold but you can't buy that inch of time with an inch of gold.
An overcrowded chicken farm produce fewer eggs.
Without rice, even the cleverest housewife cannot be cook.
- Chinese Proverb
A good man says no slowly; a wise man says no at once.
-Old Folk Saying
Happy he who has found wisdom, and the man who has acquired understanding; for wisdom is more profitable than silver, and the gain she brings is better than gold.
-Bible, Proverbs 3:13-14